Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow.. I Love Snow Because It's So White

When I was young, I was a messy child. I'm still a bit of a mess, but not like I used to be. I'm talking food everywhere and dirty clothes. After a while, my mother learnt to put me in clothes that wouldn't show dirt. I didn't mind missing out on pastels because they make me look sick anyway but I used to be so jealous of the girls who got to wear all white frilly dresses and whereas mine were either red or floral.

As I got older and I started to buy my own clothing, everytime I fell in love with something that was white, I wouldn't buy it for fear of getting it dirty. So even now, I'm nearly twenty and I still have reservations about white.. But I love it. And I also love this outfit. It's divine.

I love how she makes the weirdly proportioned pants (they kind of remind me of clown pants), look really elegant. I also love the coloured footwear. It reminds me a lot of Peter Som's A/Wo7 collection, where he pairs monochrome with bright footwear and accessories. Just a little hint of colour.

I've never been a big fan of orange before but I love those shoes. Delia's has pretty cool patent coloured shoes, but the shipping to Australia is ridiculous.

Photo Credits: Facehunter (above), Style.com (below).

6 comments:

S said...

i love the look of anything highwaisted, but the first ones are a bit too high waisted fior me

Flashy_Shades said...

those white pants do look oddly fantastic.

molly said...

i love the sort of colourless but bold clothing and then the green shoes...genius!

as is your blog. im linking you

Emma said...

great blog. how'd you get that incredibly cool background?
*peace*

molly said...

Yiiikes, what are you going to do now?
Like she's the only really costume-y golddigger that i can think of

discothequechic said...

Love that picture from Facehunter. Sh looks great!

S xx