Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dreams Are At Once Fruit and Outcry Against An Atrophy Of The Senses

Wise words, Jim Morrison, wise words.

My dream is to be in a position to wear Lanvin. I don't mean have enough money to afford Lanvin, I mean I want to have an occaision where it is appropriate to wear such beautiful clothing and have others appreciate it. Probably. Never. Going. To. Happen. But whatever...

I love how, in a season of minimalism, Elbaz manages to dazzles with such beautiful silhouettes and simple shapes while still having a few luxe touches (the fur, the jewels).


The red dress on the right is my favourite of the collection. I love a good sleeve and the shoes aren't too shabby either. Actually they are not shabby at all, they are divine. Why wasn't I born Nicole Kidman?

13 comments:

ashley.heaton said...

gorgeous collection, but then lanvin's always great. as for the post below, i totally agree - irina's just amazing.

coco said...

love the post. great pics of the best looks.

molly said...

oh my god you quoted jim morrison!
your blog got better
if thats possible

MOLLY GRAY said...

amazing.. love the purple one.. i think that you should wear it whenever u want.. it is how u wear it not when u wear it..
cya,
+molly g.+

Emma said...

gorgeous stuff.
you know what?
real people don't look good in silk/satin
that's what i hate about the fashion industry
they propagate the myth that...
oh screw it
i'm just jealous
because i can't pull off those gorgeous satin dresses

Emma said...

gorgeous stuff.
you know what?
real people don't look good in silk/satin
that's what i hate about the fashion industry
they propagate the myth that...
oh screw it
i'm just jealous
because i can't pull off those gorgeous satin dresses

molly said...

obviously marriage didnt mature avril one bit. it STILL seems like shes twelve.

Emma said...

sorry 'bout the double comment. that FRICKING KEEPS HAPPENING and it is driving me mad i tell you, mad.

La Principessa said...

Love Lanvin. . . care to swap links?

Alison said...

I love the red silky dress, and the white one next to it
<3
great blog!

Alison said...

Oh I'm going to link you btw :)

Anonymous said...

I think you're right about avril. she still feels like shes twelve. my dick looks good in silk. you like red dresses? well i like big black women.. awwww yeah

Raji said...

I recently wore vintage Lanvin for a tv appearance and surprisingly, it came across better than it would in real life, where the generously voluminous sleeves seemed a bit much.

Love Lanvin. Looooooove it!