Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Greatest Treasures Are Those Invisible To The Eye, But Found By The Heart

I shop too much... thankfully, I manage to limit most of my purchases to under $10 by shopping almost solely at my local op shops. However, I realised that even this had gotten out of hand when I was visiting each shop (10 in all) once a week and I had countless dreams about my favourite shop which has since re-located and gotten really clean and pricey. It was the best shop before, it was like a treasure hunt... and now it is gone.

But don't worry about me, I still manage to find things to buy... Here are some of my latest.




I was so incredibly excited when I found this pink party dress... I rushed to try it on and was devastated when it didn't find. On closer inspection though it had been taken in by its previous owner and when I pulled the stitches out, it fitted perfectly!

CAPE!!! I can't wait for winter to start here in Australia so I have more of a chance to wear this. It is a great royal blue colour and made out of a drill-ish material.

I also bought a grey felt hat, a pale pink corsage and a pair of bright orange gloves.

10 comments:

a side order of style said...

OMG I WOULD KILL FOR THAT CAPE! ok not kill... but I would do sinister things for that beautiful piece of apparel.
So jealous
-Steph

ambika said...

Love the cape. I imagine it'd be insane with the orange gloves.

JuliAM said...

that pink dress is fantastic. i would love it under an olive military jacket and some studded heels!

Natasha said...

the pink dress is a great find! You can definitely use it year round with a simple accessory tweak.

Wendy said...

The pink party dress is perfection!

Aisha said...

ohmygod, both are perfection!

elisabeth mccoubrie said...

wow that cape is beautiful :O and that dress will go with so much!definately a wardrobe investment lol

The Clothes Horse said...

That pink dress is gorgeous. I shop too much too--but like you my budget is very small, thank goodness for secondhand shops!

N/OutofFashion said...

Love!

lotto said...

Nice blog. Thats all.