Friday, June 27, 2008

All The Peacock People Left Their Plumes In A Pile

I love secondhand goods. The only thing that upsets me is the fact that I always forget that 'new' secondhand shoes are not the same as 'new' new shoes and therefore it is quite likely that the glue attaching the soles to the actual shoe will break before I get to wear them. This always makes me sad because I plan outfits, put on the shoes and then they break.

I've tried superglue which didn't work but I managed to get out to the hardware store today and grab something better. I spent all morning a-glueing and I now have three 'new' pairs of shoes.

I wore the white ones this afternoon. White shoes scare me but I figure if they get a bit dirty I can always draw brogue details on them or maybe something similar to the Prada fairy bag.



I'm completely carefree today, I have no commitments for the next month and can do whatever I want... I can't wait to see what I can find to fill up my time. I found a whole bag of thrifted stuff to rework the other day...

10 comments:

esme and the lane way said...

Can you tell me what glue you are using? I have the same problem with my second hand shoes, and am feeling too lazy to go all the way down the road to the cobblers again... I really love those white shoes! And I love the idea of prada-esque illustrations if they get a little dirty.

The Clothes Horse said...

Very nice! I really like the blue lace ups. I have the same issue with secondhand shoes, I'm also much more likely to buy ill-fitting shoes at secondhand shops because I adore the way they look and they're only a couple of dollars! Foot horrors soon follow...

Lady Smaggle said...

I love having all different colours of the same item. I also love brogues right now... especially your lovely blue ones.

MCD. said...

white is nice.

The Collector said...

Wow, the hem of that skirt is very interesting. Loving the white shoes especially :)

When gluing shoes you MUST use a glue made especially for leather as it is made to be flexible. Most other glues dry to be hard meaning it breaks with use and sometimes even damages the leather. You can get leather glue in some supermarkets and in craft stores. HTH :)

Amber said...

I love the brown shoes! And yes it is difficult when shoes have already been worn, and white shoes scare me as well. Anything white does. I almost bought a cream bag but then when for a different color because I was worried it would just be too dirty.

saray said...

great shoes! i love them all..

Lil Midget said...

That skirt is so unique :) I've never seen anything quite like it

a cat of impossible colour said...

Lovely shoes!

A dreamer said...

they might not be new but they sure as hell look 'as good as new'.