Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Art Is Pattern Informed By Sensibility



Looking through my picture folders the other day I realised how obsessed I am with patterns, in particular florals or prints which draw on the environment for inspiration. I've seemed to take these patterns from all places: wallpapers, drapes, clothing, screenprints, paintings and wall hangings.

Is it any wonder then that I just had to have this coat?
I folded up the sleeves so you can see more of the gorgeous pattern. The colours are maybe a little bit more amazing in real life too.

I've never really worn a lot of brown before so it may be awhile before I can find something to wear this with. I do love a challenge though.

3 comments:

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

love!!love!!love!! the 1st fabric!!

molly said...

i absolutely love the pattern of your shirt
and the first pattern you posted aswell

Lust for Fashion said...

love the patters. my fave is the one with the lady on it!