Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Judge A Person By Their Questions Rather Than By Their Answers”

One of my new favourite style sites is easily Garance Dore. I love how her photos are so large and clean and simply captivating. You can really grasp the feeling behind the outfit and also get a sense of the person in the portrait (which is essentially what these pictures are). All this and I can't even understand the words!!! Here are some of my favourite (recent) pictures.



As I mentioned before, I am travelling a little bit further than usual this weekend, so I won't have my computer or anything with me. I am posting this from a friend's computer but I haven't been able to upload any photos... So expect a massive photo post of my trip (which is primarily to see the Mars Volta) on Sunday/Monday. So please stick with me until then!!!

5 comments:

a cat of impossible colour said...

Gorgeous photographs! I love how unusual the girls are, as well - such interesting faces.

Have a good trip! :)

The Clothes Horse said...

I like the ladies on Garance as well, she does such lovely captures of them and stunning close-ups. Have a fun weekend!

Te said...

I also love Garance Dore. I love the close ups and then full body shots, and the abundance of Lou Doillon.

molly said...

youre right, this one really showcases the beauty and the style, which is so great

The Clothes Horse said...

I think one of the problems I have with elegance is that I feel uncomfortable looking completely polished, but I am growing up and getting more at ease with the "finished" element...won't it be great to wake up one day and be elegant???