Friday, July 04, 2008

Contemplation Often Makes Life Miserable

Busy days, busy nights. I was hoping that because I am on holidays things in my life would slow down. Sadly, this is not the case. With one patchwork blanket down and one to go, I am a veritable whirlwind of pinning, cutting and measuring.

I also had to go to the doctors the other day (yuck!) for an immunisation (double yuck!). Luckily, it was the last of three and will cut down my chances of getting cervical cancer (so yay!) Yep, that's right - bet you that's the first time that has been mentioned on a fashion blog.

Anyway, to the outfit! I was looking at Night Owl's WR latest W_R picture the other day, and she reminded me that I too have the same long Sportsgirl socks except in red. I bought them when I went away and then I unpacked them and forgot about them. Socks all look the same rolled up (that's my excuse).

The Clothes Horse also conjectured that vests on women were the second best idea ever (as I had stated that vests on men were the best idea ever). This reminded me that I have at least six vests which I don't often wear. So I found this one and added it to the mix.
Cream jumper - thrift, double-breasted vest - homemade, my own pattern (the first I ever drafted), skirt - gift from my grandma, belt - thrift, socks - Sportsgirl, shoes - Novo.

Oh and don't my legs look funny. I was about to fall over and was literally clinging to the tree until the camera took the picture. I should really think about finding some safer places to take my pictures.

15 comments:

Lady Smaggle said...

This outfit is completely delicious.

esme and the lane way said...

I love this outfit, the bright socks look great! You are clearly rather handy with making things, too!

Wendy said...

Ah those red tights make this outfit so interesting!

Jay said...

i love the last outfit and love the blog backround so different from others{

Lady Melbourne said...

Very cool tights!
Thank you for visiting my pages, I'll email you.
LM
x

Lady Melbourne said...

On second thoughts I can't find an email address for you?
I would love to exchange links with you, your blog is adorable and I always love to discover other great Australian blogs.
I'll keep on reading,
LM

rohit said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?


hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

você é fantástico!

um beijo para você, meu caro amigo!

Deus te abençoe u Caro

podemos trocar os nossos link

r u disposta a fazer?

Amber said...

is the fabric of that vest toile! Oh my gosh I want a toile vest!!

Amber said...

Thank you so much for the link to the necklace I love it!

a cat of impossible colour said...

I love every aspect of this outfit :), especially the vest!

the tea drinking english rose said...

i love your outfit!!
i heart your tights!!!

MadameDior said...

love your outfit, and especially the red tights with your cute shoes!

Te said...

Oh I love those immunisations. I have only one more to go. Then I might get a tattoo since I'll be over needles.

Lovely outfit, I love the vest! You're very skilled :)

Lil Midget said...

Adore the tights!

A dreamer said...

total outfit envy going on here!
i can't tell you how much i love your vest, tights and shoes!