Sunday, July 06, 2008

I Swear By The Daybreak

I finally got to wear one of my Box Vintage dress. I also found that it was a lot harder to create an outfit around than I expected. Not because of any flaw of the dress, it's perfect. It's just that a) it was cold and b) I have very little experience in wearing such light and pretty colours.

I think it will be a lot more wearable in summer simply because it looks divine without much adornment. However, the cold breeze blowing made me rethink the sleeveless look and this is what I came up with. Just a little bit of black and a little bit of white. It also made the dress look a little bit less like I was going to milk a cow.

Note: Don't get too excited by the bare looking legs. They are firmly encased in a pair of nude stockings. I'll never say never though. Baby steps.

10 comments:

MadameDior said...

you look gorgeous, i love the dress, i have a similar one from sportsgirl and you're so right about milking the cow thing cos i have to up my outfit up so i don't look like a farm girl =p

H&A said...

you dress is adorable,

your comment helped but i couldnt find the background:#FFFFFF url("http://picture.jpg") repeat;} in the edit HTML part.
where abouts is it ?
thankyou
x

Amber said...

I tagged you darling!

a cat of impossible colour said...

I love this outfit so much. You look great!

esme and the lane way said...

Lovely – and is that a cameo brooch on the right?

annabananna said...

i agree with the others her: you look great! that dress is amazing, and i love what you did with the shirt underneath it.

Wendy said...

You look very good. And the sheer tights are a nice touch.

Lady Melbourne said...

Hey this is great!
I own a pair of shoes almost identical, where are yours from? Mine are from a shoe maker in Adelaide called 'Kelly,' bought from Club House Lane Boutique.
Anyhow, the dress is very cute and I'm sure there are so many ways you could wear it.
LM
x

She's Dressing Up said...

I love the detail around the pockets and the belt =]

A dreamer said...

yay! baby steps! you'll get there someday.