Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Rule Is - Jam Tomorrow and Jam Yesterday, But Never Jam Today

My first holiday DIY completed. Not too exciting or difficult but I loved the fabric of this dress ever since I bought it but it was too big to wear, even using safety pin and elastic belt tricky.

I think that it was an eighties homemade maternity dress. One of those high necked, tent monstrocities. However, the material could be older.

Before:

Here it is in all it's enormous glory. I honestly could have lived in it and it was also mid calf length. I cut it across at the natural waist, took in the bodice and reworked the sleeves. I then gathered the skirt and reattached it to the waist and the zip. Then hemmed. Whew!
After -

But it was all worthwhile in the end. Excuse my elf ears in this photo. My cat also decided to join in the photo taking fun. Dress - thrifted and altered, tights - somewhere in England, shoes - Target.

I've also been tagged all over the place! Yay! I feel so loved. I'm going to start working on that now but it may take me a while. I'm not really good at that type of thing.

9 comments:

Lady Smaggle said...

Whoa that dress is all kinds of cute!

I'll get to your tag asap!

A dreamer said...

the print is really pretty!
nice diy work ;)

esme and the lane way said...

Wow, great work with the dress!

gilda said...

i love that dress!!!!! it's gorgeous and a very nice print.

the tea drinking english rose said...

aww! adorable!! you look so pretty and cute here... love the dress.

CoutureCarrie said...

Incredible! I was dubious when I saw the pic on the hanger but you really brought that frock to life; like the pairing with fishnets!

Grant said...

That is a really fantastic job you've done there, and you've mad e it look so stunning by pairing it with those nice green opaques and those cute flats. Seriously, I tip my hat to you. :)

If I was wearing a hat... Which I am not because it would spoil my hairs.

Raggamuffin said...

how talented are u ?! really beautifully altered.

lc said...

my god i am so jealous!!! i wish i could sew and tailor my own clothes.

sorry i'm bombing your blog with comments. but like i said, i really am looking through your archives!