Seven Songs of Winter
- Dorothy At Forty - Cursive - Best concept for a song ever. What would Dorothy Gale be doing when she was forty? How could life get any better after Oz?
- Black Wave/Bad Vibrations - Arcade Fire - In my opinion, best song off Neon Bible. I used to listen it driving home from late night lectures last winter.
- Wake The Dead - Comeback Kid - Comeback Kid, how I love you.
- Walking With A Ghost - White Stripes (cover) - Tegan and Sara are great, but Jack White is one of the most stylish men alive and I love how theatrical this cover is.
- Saves The Day - Hold - Just a pretty song.
- Napoleon Solo - At The Drive In - I've been listening to a lot of At The Dri ve In lately as well as The Mars Volta because I had the privilege of seeing them live and it reminded me how insanely good they are.
- Sink Florida Sink - Against Me! - My latest band obsession.
I'm lazy for making links but just copy and paste and go to Songza. They will be able to look after you. You can even make a playlist.
The next one is a bit more difficult. Six unimportant things about me. What makes something unimportant??? I need some criteria! I'm just listing stupid, random things, hopefully the tag police don't come after me.
- I have a weird quirk of always making up funny little songs about things. Usually what is going on around me. In Australia, our high-definition channels don't have ads, just these pictures of places around Australia with jazz music playing in the background. I enjoy making up songs related to the picture, to the tune of the music. My boyfriend just thinks I'm crazy. It's fun, you guys should totally try it.
- I cut my own hair. I just don't trust hairdressers and I have a general (and unwarranted) loathing of them. I don't know why, they are probably nice people. I also cut my friends hair and my boyfriends hair (he doesn't like hairdressers either).
- I am a connoisseur (I had to use the Word dictionary to get the right spelling) of crumbed steak. I'm not even really that into meat but I can tell you where to get the best crumbed steak in seven different cities.
- Another music related thing. I do a lot of driving because my boyfriend lives over the other side of town. Sometimes when I'm really bored when driving, I put on the classical music channel on the radio and pretend that it's a soundtrack to what I'm doing.
- I am completely in love with Noel Fielding.
- I'm addicted to buying and hoarding fabric. I'm sure I'll use it all someday but really I think my dream is to have a big pile of different colours, textures and patterns that I can dive into.
So yeah, now you know how strange I really am. Please don't stop reading. I also tag Lady Smaggle. Other than that, I think that most people have been tagged but hey if you want to please feel free. It's really fun!