Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What One Has Not Experienced, One Will Never Understand In Print

I don't have much to say about today. Just sewing. I finished one dress, but I'll wait until I finish a few before I post about them. It was finally cold today. Proper, windy, frozen toes kind of cold. I've missed it but it also caught me unawares. I've not really had to wear a coat, I just choose too. Not anymore though!

I look slightly bewildered in this photos but it was one of the best of the outfit. That seems to be the way it goes sadly.
Military jacket - gift, vest - thrift/altered, dress - homemade (vintage pattern/thrift material), white tights - Grab, brogues - thrift.

I really love this jacket. It was given to me by a co-worker who had won it off eBay but had never worn it. It's super warm and yet stylish at the same time. It also has the best turny-uppy sleeves.

Since I'm not much for talking or some more visual love here are two of my favourite recent street style outfits (the theme is stripes)



Garancedore, Facehunter

7 comments:

The Clothes Horse said...

Your outfit is very nice. I wish we would get some cooler weather here, lately I've been craving black outfits, but it's just too hot!
I really like the second streetfashion outfit, the striped skirt with ruffle blouse is love!

Te said...

Great outfit, just the right conbination of delicate and tough. The jacket is superb..and I love the second Street Style picture..the shoes!

esme and the lane way said...

I like you outfit, the jacket looks really nice.
And I really like the stripes too. Stripes are on my list of "thing I like" at the moment...

WJ said...

I'm loving stripey skirts too...and your 'bewildered' look is adorable!

The Collector said...

That military jacket is excellent. I really like your combination of colours, layers and prints.

Cheyenne said...

Cute floral skirt. I love the 2nd photo

A dreamer said...

girly white tights and florals all the way!
i adore garance dore photographs. they are always so warm.