Friday, July 11, 2008

When Smashing Monuments, Save The Pedestals

Wearing - jacket (same as yesterday), pink candy-striped dress -Valleygirl, striped scarf,red tights, petticoat - thrift, red shirt/socks - Kmart, shoes Novo. For a better view - here

A weariness comes from those dreamers, dew-dabbled, the lily and rose;
Ah, dream not of them, my beloved, the flame of the meteor that goes,
Or the flame of the blue star that lingers hung low in the fall of the dew:
For I would we were changed to white birds on the wandering foam: I and you!


W.B. Yeats

I'm dreaming of the ocean but not a sandy shore.
I'm inspired by - Georgette Heyer books, The Four Feathers.

I'm listening to - The Brunettes and Bridezilla (below)

Still obsessed with StilinBerlin - it's never obvious or easy. They take chances and inspire me to.

13 comments:

jayne said...

oo love your outfit, the candy stripe dress and scarf are lovely. as is that beautiful sweet poem. oh and i feel dumb saying this, b/c i see i'm already on your blogroll and i remember the title of your blog but clearly have forgotten it sadly up until now, basically what i'm getting at is, i'm linking you and reading again! yay :)

Heidi said...

I love you blog :)

Lady Smaggle said...

Oh I love the stripes. You look adorable. Very Where's Wally in a funky kind of way.

Skye said...

Great layering - I just look like a bundle of clothes with a head sticking out when I layer like that - I'm very impressed with the cuteness of your layers!

esme and the lane way said...

super-cute! Yay for stripes.

esme and the lane way said...

Oh and I have something for you at my blog... :)

fashionhayleytokyo said...

I love your jacket, I have one very similar but forgot all about it. Also I think today I saw those shoes at Novo and was thinking they had my name written all over them, and then I looked inside and inside it said Hayley, that's the name of the shoe. So surprised. I can't get them though, I can't get any new shoes as I have no room for any :<

Lady Melbourne said...

I kinda thought yesterday was my favourite outfit so far, but this is definitely just gorgeous!
Oh to be given a jacket like that you lucky girl!
I have red tights, I think I will just live out my dreams of wearing them through you blog- you do it so well.
LM
x

stilinberlin said...

thank you :)

The Clothes Horse said...

I love your outfit! That striped dress is so rad.
And the 1920s, yes! I think women really started to come into their own in that era. I'm a bit conservative and modest (not completely by choice...) but I think if I lived in a 1920s environment I would be a rebellious flapper who sometimes danced topless, rather like Lousie Brooks...^_^

annabananna said...

love your dress! you look just gorgeous!

She's Dressing Up said...

LOVE this outfit, the candy-stripes and the red tights look fantastic together.

Yb said...

hey i have those shoes too! theyre adorable ^_^

cute outfit also!