Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Come, Knit Hands, and Beat The Ground/ In A Fantastic Light Round

Well, well, well. I'm a sucky blogger. So to make up for it I'll do a super awesome post (I hope). It's about the new love of my life - this dress.
I found her on my last day off along with this gorgeous, almost weightless silk scarf. As soon as I saw it on the rack, I knew it had to be mine. It fits like a glove and is surprisingly adaptable - it can be all 'Great Gatsby' one minute and then rockstar Agyness style the next.
Here is what I wore it with (this is my favourite outfit of the moment) -

'Oh, the scalloped edging...'

I wore this to the best cafe in town - The Wild Parrot. We sat outside in rainforesty garden in the comfiest couches in the world, eating nachoes and bitching about the Veronicas (nude photo scandal/Dean Geyer) and Oprah. Best day ever...

Worn: Cream dress - op shop, grey tights - op shop, black brogues - op shop, scarf and purse - op shop. Yay! 100% thrift here I come!

I must say this also - I would have posted yesterday (I really, really wanted to!) but I was busy working on my entry for a little black dress competition running in my city. It's such a cool competition and I hope I don't bomb out!

14 comments:

Skye said...

That's a gorgeous dress! Congratulations on a most excellent 100% thrift!

Skye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogette said...

Ohhh absolutely gorgeous! I love your crochet finds!!! Fantastic warm layering with such a summer item. I need to learn how to do this!

The Collector said...

It never ceases to amaze me the wonderful vintage things you girls find. I wonder whether the vintage will eventually run out? I mean it seems so popular!

WJ said...

Oh my god, scalloped edging indeed! What a wonderful find, congratulations...

jayne said...

wow i love your outfit! the dress is very 20s yes and the tights and shoes are so Dickens, amazing! and that cafe name is great, the wild parrot hehe ;)

The Clothes Horse said...

That dress is amazing! What a lucky find.

kirstie said...

awesome find! i've been looking for a dress like that for awhile now.
(ps i'm that girl buying the bolero off etsy, sorry it's taking so long! someone paid me through paypal and i had to take out the funds back into my bank acct. anyway... will do it tomorrow hopefully.)

PorcelainBlonde said...

Oh my gosh I want your dress! Very Great Gatsby indeed :)

Looking forward to seeing how you style it in other ways too.

sydneydoll said...

i agree about the rainbows for kate thing.
i didnt like it.
sass & bide was better when they began.



whats a little black dress competition?
it sounds like lots of fun.

Raggamuffin said...

i'm asucky blogger too!]
but hey look! ur AMAZING dress made up for it, totally!

I want ur wardrobe dammit.

esme and the lane way said...

Absolutely amazing dress, I love it! The outfit is amazing! :)

StrikeMatch said...

Kirstie - Don't worry, its cool!

Sydneydoll - the little black dress competition is something that's being run by a local boutique... You send in a drawn design and then the 10 semifinalists make the design and model it. The winner wins various things but the big prize is your design gets sold in the store.

Nothing Elegant said...

I always love your titles! This dress is also too cute for words!!