Friday, August 01, 2008

Eyelashes + Dandelions + Stars = Wishes

If wishes were fishes and I had some bait, here's what I hope would jump in the boat -

A bag that has 'Que Sera Sera' screenprinted on it - my mum always used to sing this song when we were sad as children and had scraped our knees or some other cause that seems so insignificant now.

The Grates new cd - check out Burning Bridges (their new song) on youtube. I love their cartoony, quirky aesthetic and their energy.
A signature piece of jewellry - I get sick of jewellry too quick, and then usually give it away. I keep looking for that one special piece that I completely love and just feels like it is a part of me. For example, my little sister loves pigs (absolutely and honestly) and she has the cutest gold pig charm which she wears with everything. It's adorable.

The Mighty Boosh Season 3 - I just want it to start airing in Australia, though would probably settle for a box set : )....

I love you, Noel Fielding...

For Facebook to go away - I don't like getting back into contact with 'old friends' that I never really had much in common with in the first place and seem to want to make me feel shit about my life.

Now that these shoes are fixed, I wonder how I ever lived without them. Also a Clothes Horse-esque picture... I'm all for trying something different.

Wearing - thrifted trench, thrifted printed shirt, self-made ribbon pin, gift skater skirt, black Sportsgirl socks, cream socks? and thrifted blue shoes.

19 comments:

Skye said...

Those shoes are such a great colour. Surely you can stencil yourself a que sera sera bag? You seem to be quite talented in the diy department!

Blogette said...

I love how you put your outfits together! You have the most interesting style. I love your blog.

The Collector said...

I really like this look for you - very classy.

Why do your facebook 'friends' make you feel shit about your life? Usually when people go out of their way to make others feel bad (or they build themselves up totally over the top), it's because they feel bad and have issues and problems.

Shen-Shen said...

That trench is lovely, and I love that pin!

The Clothes Horse said...

Fantastic outfit, those shoes are amazing! Once I steal them you'll have to figure out how to live without (muahahahaha)...
I really like the song "que sera sera" as well, especially when Doris Day sang it in "The Man Who Knew Too Much." And signature jewelry is always alluding me, I go through phases and I don't own any super expensive pieces.
On narwhals: when I got my tattoo my friend jokingly had me draw a narwhal tattoo on her back to frighten her boyf. Now the idea of a narwhal tattoo keeps running through my head!

Shay said...

I adore the Boosh too and secretly want a glam rock snow suit. Linked you btw.

jayne said...

i'll def check out that band!

oo the shoes are so fun, actually i just love the whole outfit period, the high waist skirt, the knee socks w/ the white socks! the trench! it all feels very funky burberry :)

fashion herald said...

you can't live without those blue shoes. they're so cute with your ensemble!

Lady Melbourne said...

Ah, look at that flower! How utterly gorgeous, and to think you thrifted that trench coat!
I love the colour combo you've got going on here as well, very sharp indeed.

Annie said...

I love your blue shoes!

Caroline said...

the whole combonation of everything in your outfit is stunning.

stacyinsaddleshoes said...

Love that look on you.The white socks look cute with those shoes

Heidi at MilkChildren said...

Thankyou so much for the award and your lovely sentence about me x) ♥

esme and the lane way said...

I love this outfit!
And oh, the mighty Mighty Boosh! Even now, hearing someone grin "I'm the moon" makes me cackle with glee.

CoutureCarrie said...

Love the childhood memories and the outfit - especially the pops of color!!

MR style said...

i love your style !! and Lou Doillon too !!
major dude !

sydneydoll said...

that is a really really cool outfit
very original but stylish.
you can pull it off.

i saw the grates perform.
they opened for the arctic monkeys
they won lots of fans that night.

PorcelainBlonde said...

Gorgeous photo and I love your outfit!
It's so fun and young and fresh...you've really worked the trench :)

erika. said...

that photo of the grates is sweet. puppets for life ^.^

your blue shoes are lovely, too!