Thursday, August 28, 2008

The World Of Pure Reason Knows No Compromise

So you haven't heard much from me because I've been really, really sick. It's just the flu, but it has really taken the wind out of my sails. I'm feeling as though I'm on the up though, so I'm attempting to do something other than lie in my bed and feel intensely sorry for myself.

Recently I was tagged by the lovely Jayne to reveal six quirks about myself. Here goes -
  1. If I had a super power, it would be finding things. I seem to have the odd ability to find things (items of clothing, books etc) when other people can't remember where they put them or lost them or something. I inherited it from my mum.
  2. When I was in Year 10, I went through a stage where all I would do is either watch Gone With The Wind or read Gone With The Wind. I was also in love with Rhett Butler. Intensely in love with a fictional character who was old with a moustache. I'm clearly the raddest kid out.
  3. Hardcore music calms me down.
  4. I can only sleep on the side of the bed closet to the door.
  5. I'll spend $60 dollars on a vintage dress, but I'll struggle to spend $20 on a skirt from Valleygirl.
  6. When I'm baking biscuits, sometimes I don't even get to the final batter stage (eggs, milk, flour, sugar, butter stage) before I start eating the dough. Sometimes I only get as far as the butter, sugar stage.

As for tagging, I suck at it. However, I'm really interested if people want to share things on their blog or even just in the comments. I really enjoy finding out things about bloggers because I feel as though I already know you a little bit.

Another recent discovery is that of Wikstenmade. Honestly, this clothing is beautiful and I just wish that I'd found out about it before many of the items sold out.

Alison Skirt

Orchard House Dress

Summer Ellybeth Dress

Designer Jenny Gordy makes some of the sweetest pieces I've ever seen. I love how simple the lines are and how I could imagine one thousand different ways of wearing these pieces. Jenny also has a fantastic blog which you can find here.

13 comments:

Skye said...

I'm with you on the cookie dough, and the Gone With the Wind - both are very good. I make parmesan and chilli shortbread biscuits, and I have to allocate myself a share of the dough so i don't just eat all of it...

I hope that flu is on the run now!

Ali said...

I eat the dough when I make pretty much anything. Yum.
Umm, quirks, quirks...
-I'm a total musicals nerd.
-I kind of really want to be a housewife... but I'd need some sort of income of my own
-I have terrible issues with time management, and I spend most of my afternoons and nights feeling guilty about not being more productive (like right now)

that'll do. and I just made a video on my blog, I discovered a few little quirks watching it - like how I call myself a nerd all the time, and how I say "HA!" at the end of sentences a lot.

Sally Jane said...

Thanks for this post. I'd never heard of Wikstenmade but I'm now rabidly reading her blog and can't wait to check out her store. :)

jayne said...

hope you feel better! that line you posted is very colorful and has awesome tailoring, thanks! and i find your gone with the wind fact really funny, i've never read or seen it oops...

Amber said...

Skins was really good, I just wish they would show it at a time that wasn't midnight! The british are so much more fascinating.

Annie said...

I also have a superpower for finding things! I make a joke of it because my full name is Antonia, and Catholics pray to St. Anthony to help them find things. (I was raised Catholic.) :)

The Clothes Horse said...

Great quirks. You were a totally awesome kid--Gone With the Wind is total devotion. I used to watch it and draw pictures of the costumes.
I've discovered that if I has a superpower it would be glowing in the dark-either with my skin or my clothes...

Ashlee said...

those pieces have great shape and color.

mmm...cookie dough.

lovely blog.

esme and the lane way said...

Oh, poor thing, I hope you are feeling betterer and betterer...
I love that red dress, thanks for sharing this designer.
(And, I STILL haven't seen gone with the wind, but it IS on my To See list!)

Lady Melbourne said...

Oh my dear, I hope you feel better!
LM
x

fashion herald said...

i love the GWTW obsession, and i'm sorry about the flu, I had one like that last winter, it was the worst.

a cat of impossible colour said...

Haha, I completely relate on the vintage vs. valleygirl thing (great band name, that). :)

My Stifled Laughter said...

*shameful face* I did the same thing with the Gone With the Wind phase, except it was in year 8. Even now I joke about Rhett Butler being on my list of 5 people I can date other than my boyfriend. XD