Monday, August 25, 2008

You Sparkle With Larceny

I love metallics and I dabble in both silver and gold clothing, but my heart belongs to shiny sparkly silver. It's always been my favourite metallic, I feel that on me (and only on me) gold looks cheap and I refuse to wear gold jewellry.

I don't really know why, I always have. My sister is the exact opposite and will only wear gold. Is this strange? Do most people have such a clear preference?

This is probably my second favourite vintage dress after the paisley one seen here (linking to myself... is this pretentious?) It also gets a lot less wear because of the material which is quite night-timey. It's also very heavy being made of a stiff brocade and lined in heavy cotton.
That being said though, it was love at first sight between me and this dress simply because its reversible. I'm not sure if its meant to be reversed but I can and often do wear it with the buttons at the front because it's such a cool detail and I want to be able to look down at it.
That being said, the front is pretty cool too.

Relating to my previous post, the top outfit is one which sums up all of my loves. Bright clashing colours, tights, vintage, sparkly fabrics and buttons. They're all there. Also the top photo is about two years old now. I'm not sure whether I should have moved on from coloured tights now...
Tomorrow (hopefully), I'll go through the items/trends/styles that I'm challenged by/suck at.

19 comments:

balcairn said...

Oh yes, I think gold looks nasty on me and will only wear silver. I've never met anyone else like that though, so maybe it is strange...

jayne said...

amazing outfit, the dress is so vintage and ladylike, but i love how you punk it up with the tights and orange beads! i know exactly what you mean about metallics preferences. i will wear a bit of both, but if i can get it in silver ill most definitely take that first. i have olive skin so gold sometimes just fades out, that being said white gold doesn't count for my future engagement ring lol ;)

Amber said...

That dress is lovely! It reminds me of an update on Regency dresses a la Jane Austen. It's fabulous.

The Clothes Horse said...

That dress is gorgeous. I'm always on the hunt for a quality brocade, it seems so decadent.
I used to avoid gold jewelry, but then I realized that silver made me look more pale and sickly and gold was a better color to "warm" me up.
P.S. Ha-ha, we're both beach snobs it seems. ^_^

jayne said...

i tagged you, check my blog!

Skye said...

That dress is truly beautiful, and you look beautiful in it! I think lots of people have a gold/silver preference - and I think it comes down to skin tone (even if people don't realise it). I prefer gold because I have a yellow undertone in my skin. Silver doesn't look as good on me (although I'll still wear it).

esme and the lane way said...

Oh, the dress is beautiful, I see the Regency thing, too. And I am looking forward to seeing the things you feel challenged by, it's interesting.
I used to be a silver girl, as I felt gold looked brassy and cheap on me. I have now discovered that white gold with diamonds suits me to a t!!! :D

Annie said...

LOVE IT with the orange beads and blue tights...

I used to prefer silver exclusively but I've embraced gold as well.

Blogette said...

Gorgeous dress.
I am most definitely a silver kind of girl. I don't mind gold accents in clothing but all of my jewels are silver!

fashion herald said...

the dress is an incredible find. I used to be a silver girl, then became a gold girl, weird, right?!

esme and the lane way said...

Oh, and tag – you're it! :D

A dreamer said...

i can't decide between gold or silver metallic...i just love the sparkles.
Well what a cool dress. I'd love to own one that's reversible.

esme and the lane way said...

Oh, disregard my previous comment – honestly, I am SO forgetful these days. :D

Lady Melbourne said...

Oh god it is beautiful! Even more beautiful on you my dear, if it goes missing in the night you know where to find it....; )
LM

Louise said...

This really is a beautiful dress!!! Id's like to see it with black accessories, I think that would be a more modern look than the bright colours, but still classy. I think that gold and silver is often an age thing too, most younger people prefer silver and skin tones change as you get older.

Heidi at MilkChildren said...

Yes I think some people do have a strong preference. I am defiantly a gold girl.

the Yellow Elephant said...

what an amazing dress! just sad it's a little heavy, but when it's such a wonderful dress that isn't be a problem, or?. It's beautifully made with such lovely brocade pattern. You'v bought yourself a treasury! Congratulations!

keepitclassyCT said...

I agree with the gold, the only place I think gold doesnt look tacky is on shoes or buckles.

And I adore that dress, its beautiful. You have great style.

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,情趣用品,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片