Friday, September 05, 2008

Criticism Should Be A Casual Conversation

This is the first job I've had ever that has casual Friday. I have to say that I love it. Sometimes I constantly feel as though my work outfits are a boring, watered down professional version of what I really want to wear and to have one day where I can wear exactly what comes into my head is quite freeing. Today's outfit was one which came together almost of its own accord.

Last night, I fixed up this cardigan. There was nothing wrong with it per se, it was just super boring. I added black buttons (all different shapes and sizes) and embroidered the 'L' and the trailing bits on it with wool. I was inspired by the lovely Marcine and her forays into cardigan embellishment. I was so excited when I finished it.

I was even more excited when I was looking at what shoes would match and I realised that these new ones would go perfectly.It's not the most colourful outfit but then again, that is a change for me! Maybe I should have put it as number six on my list...
Wearing: Black necktie shirt - Valleygirl, cream cardigan - thrifted and altered, jeans - Sportsgirl, shoes - thrift

The shoes technically have a heel but I won't be counting them because it's cheating (I want to try some really high ones). I'm also rocking a Katie Holmes roll up on my jeans but that's just because my jeans are too long and I don't really want to take them up.

This weekend will be a sewing bonaza (hopefully!) and I'll be pretty keen to share the fruits of my labour. I'll also be putting new dresses and skirts in the store and going to a number of parties. It's funny how after being so sick (and useless) I'm really set on getting the most out of this weekend!

12 comments:

Skye said...

I love your altered cardi, too cute!

jayne said...

ooo cardi is quite cute, very fun and playful

Missa said...

The cardigan is darling, love the mismatched buttons and the trailing off bits! The shoes are sweet too, just think of them as training heels ;)

Lady Smaggle said...

Oh wow that looks fantastic. You're so clever. I wish I was that nifty with a needle and thread...

Lil Midget said...

Excellent alteration! Looks fab :)

Blogette said...

Gorgeous outfit. Love the alterations to the cardi. Those shoes are so cute!

Annie said...

I LOVE how you altered that cardigan! Creative and looks fairly simple, too.

esme and the lane way said...

Love the outfit, the cardi embroidery is amazing, and the turn-ups are cute too. I can't wait to see the heels (ha does that make me sound like a creepy weirdo?!) !!!

The Clothes Horse said...

Really pretty! The details on the cardigan are lovely.

fashion herald said...

great new buttons, they make a big difference! you're very clever!

PorcelainBlonde said...

The cardi look fab. I really like this outfit on you, it's quirky but sweet and classic...very french :)
And you look great in jeans!

A dreamer said...

i adore your shoes. neutral tones rock.