Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Each Peach, Pear, Plum

Again, neatness fell through... I looked at myself in the mirror about halfway through the day and thought... yeah, this isn't going to work. I had a big red mark on my chin where I had rested it on my hands, my hair was all mussed and wispy and I think I'd wiped off half of my makeup with lunch. Not exactly what I was going for...

Instead, I'd thought I'd share some of my favourite Rachel Comey pictures:

Photos: Style.com

I think that the reason why I love these pictures so much is because of the unexpected (and therefore exciting) combinations of colours. I've personally never been that keen on the colour peach but these photos are making me rethink that.

This picture of the gorgeous Sherbet Tone possibly also has something to do with that.

13 comments:

Skye said...

I was reading "Each Peach Pear Plum" to the little dude just yesterday! Peach is actually my official favourite colour, and my wedding dress was peach - so i love those colour combos too!

Mo said...

i spy tom thumb.

A dreamer said...

peach and baby blue look so great together. especially with a jolt of neon yellow.

Annie said...

I love interesting palettes too.

*indie_queen* said...

Neatness is too much like hard work anyway

The Clothes Horse said...

I like these combinations as well. Sherbet_Tone always thrills me--she lives near where I go to school in PA and we shop at the same thrift shops...I'm always hoping I'll run into her one day...
P.S. I am rooting for your neatness objective!

Te said...

Oh I know what you mean about the makeup thing, I rested my forehead on my book today and half my makeup was left on the book when I sat up again, plus there's the issue of having to reapply foundation to the sides of my nose every time I blow it, which is often these days! Too much stress, I may have to forgoe makeup...

Love the Rachel Comey. Highwaisted love.

Saorise, the Irish nymph said...

Love these.

Savvy Mode SG said...

i can't do pale peach, totally washes me out.

fashion herald said...

the peach pants - fantastic.

Shay said...

I like that color too, but it looks ridiculous on me like most pastel shades...

esme and the lane way said...

Ooh, I love these, and the peachy colour here. It looks great with the blue and cream a la Sherbert Tone, too!
I can be messy, too, though I prefer the term windswept!

Raggamuffin said...

aaahhh. i was about this close to sell of my little peach kookai number, until i read ur post. thanks darlll hehe