Wednesday, September 03, 2008

For The First Time In A Long Time

Busy times, fun times. I've been to the post office a thousand times, buying up big on vintage patterns and trying to figure out how exactly I'll find the time to actually make anything. Maybe if I don't answer my phone before the weekend?(Not that I'm particularly popular, it's just my friends...)

First up, my challenge for today/tonight was the long-er skirt (although as Fashion Herald pointed out, the longer dress above sort of counts). I was going to go for the 'neatness' one but I woke up late and so that was sort of a lost cause. I ran/drove really fast home from work to try and catch the last of the light so I didn't have much time to come up with an actual outfit...

but I managed to cobble something together with this sixties metallic-y skirt.
Navy singlet - Sportsgirl, skirt - thrift, mushroomy tights - thrift, medallion necklace - thrifted/homemade, white peep toes - thrift.

While this outfit isn't ideal, I think it definately fulfils the challenge and actually looking at the pictures, I don't mind it. It's sort of sweet and the shape is a bit of a change from the fuller skirts that I usually wear. I do look a bit short in the second photo though... On to the heels challenge!

I also just realised that one of the bloggers who constantly inspires me, The Snail and Cyclops, often rocks this length skirt.

11 comments:

Skye said...

You look very sweet, but a little bit nervous!

I think you can get away with that length (as can Effie) because you are so slender, so it looks elegant rather than stumpy.

VanessaFromMilan said...

so classy...^^

jayne said...

love the pattern of the skirt!

Lady Smaggle said...

I personally love that length on you. I know you feel frumpy in that length but it's quite elegant and lady like. You also have a lovely coltish figure and it totally rocks your slender frame.

The Clothes Horse said...

Snail and Cyclops is always stunning. I think this longer skirt accomplishes both one and two on your list below. There's something very elegant and refined (neat if you will) about this length.

esme and the lane way said...

I think you look great in this length skirt – and you don't look short! Good luck with the heels challenge, but remember: if they hurt then they are wrong!!! :)

Miss Karen said...

That is such a great length for you, you pull it off so well! I wish I could wear longer skirts but nothing will make them flattering on me (unless they're taken up about 12 inches that is!)

*indie_queen* said...

It's a great length, very flattering. I always avoid longer length skirts for some reason, but whenever I do wear them I feel so classy! Perhaps I should wear them more often

trishhunterfinds said...

I'm in the same boat! How I wish I could pull off that length
However The short girls seem to just look shorter in it, and me being short, makes life hard.
I have a lovely 50's frock sitting in the wardrobe just waiting for that day that I dont 'feel' as short haha.
Im excited for that day.

Raggamuffin said...

i wish i can wear such length's skirt without looking cut-off/plain short.
maybe with heels? but then here comes another problem, walking in them :P

Misha said...

oh yes, this length is a very sophisticated and needs careful composition to not look weird. I love how it slims one down though. And when it comes to the heels, it's just a matter of finding a comfortable pair, even for a high heel.