Monday, September 08, 2008

Happiness Makes Up In Height What It Lacks In Length

So I tackled the heel thing today and I have to say I think I've been making into a bigger 'thing' than it actually is. I had a lot of fun and felt more delicate and feminine and I did little skips up stairs. People probably thought I was crazy...
I think the reason why I love these shoes so much is because I don't constantly feel I'm going fall out of them. I have skinny feet (surprise, surprise) as well as a highish arch. So I need shoes that strap me in. This means that pretty much all open toed shoes or shoes without some sort of ankle strap are pretty much out for me. Which is sad because I love all of the new strappy gladiator-y shoes and I know if I buy them I won't wear them. Does anyone else have weird feet/shoe issues?

Speaking of all matters shoes, I found these amazing shoe contraptions on Etsy at LesFrivolites
and I think I'm in love...


Updates on the store and my sewing weekend tomorrow!

18 comments:

Blogette said...

I have rather wide fat feet but quite small, so I'm usually always a quarter size to small for my heels so I use shoo-sticks to make sure they don't flip off as I'm strutting along. Love love love the dress again! The specs look super cute!
Those shoes from etsy would definitely look gorgeous on you!!

*indie_queen* said...

I also have narrow feet. It was worse when I was younger, and I'd be there in big clumpy lace up shoes to keep my feet in! Now my feet must have grown a little because shoes do fit me, but I do always walk out of flats that have no strap, and I wobble precariously in heels!
I like your dress by the way

Skye said...

I have wide little gonk flippers, so I wear heels everywhere, all the time (I'm also extreeeeemely short), if you can find a pair which fit then you can do anything at all in them (including skipping up stairs!) You look as lovely as ever!

jayne said...

omg love the dress!

Missa said...

Well, for a fellow skinny-footed heel phobe, I must say this is very encouraging and you look adorable in them!

The Clothes Horse said...

That dress is very pretty and I like the collar especially. Your shoes (and the ones from the etsy shop) are ravishing! I love heels, but I also have difficulty wearing them most days, but it's a nice change. Oh! And they give me good posture.

esme and the lane way said...

I love your shoes! I'm glad it wasn;t so bad.
I just have small(ish) feet, which means that the smallest size in shops is sometimes just too big. Pouts.

Miss Karen said...

I love the dress! And I'm the same with heels - I have to feel secured and strapped in otherwise my entire walk is affected. These heels look great on you!

Miss Karen said...

PS. Yes my shoes are from the Pleaser label. :D

fashion herald said...

so they are like spats?? how interesting!

StrikeMatch said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with feet problems!

And yes, fashion herald, they are like spats I think... Which is probably the coolest thing ever.

A dreamer said...

i love the cut out shoes too. get them! haha
cuuute dress.

Lady Melbourne said...

Well done you for tackling heels!
Very cute dressed, looks as though I've missed some amazing outfits in my commenting absence!
LM
x

The Collector said...

My left foot is definitely at leat 1/2 size bigger than the right. It sometimes makes buying shoes very difficult - esp when they do not come in half sizes!

SparkleSparkle said...

OMG I love those shoes!

kirstie said...

i really love the print on the dress! drool. i'm having trouble incorporating heels into my everyday outfits too, and i think i have the same problem as you - i need shoes that hold me feet in otherwise i walk really awkwardly.

Mattie said...

those shes are amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Isabel said...

I loooooove your dress! So much! It is really freaking fantastic.