Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hundreds Of Tiny Threads Sew Us Together

I just finished reading about Skye's lovely package from Missa and I have to admit I got a little teary. I just think its really nice that people who have never met in 'real life' can form such a connection...

It was also it was really interesting to hear everyone else's foot/shoe problems. I'm always so envious of people who make heel-wearing look so effortless so it's nice to know that other people struggle too.

I missed yesterday's post because I was really stressed regarding this competition. This always seems to happen. I enter things and don't take into account how much time it will take up and then stress about it and since I'm such a perfectionist... the stressing is pretty hardcore. Being a perfectionist has it's upside though... I swear I redid these pleats about 10 times, but I think I'm happy with them now.

I really love toile and so I made shirt to go with my vest. Before you know it, I'll make a skirt and can have a weird little toile three piece suit.

I also purchased a whole bunch of material and some 60's/70's patterns. I'm most excited about the one with the sailor collar!
I'm starting to get a bit sick of my daily outfits. This whole work thing doesn't really excite me and I feel like what I'm wearing is some sort of weird, boring version of what I want to wear. Maybe spring/summer/warmer weather will kick me out of this feeling.

Wearing - blue dress (made by me - thrifted material), black tie shirt - Trade Secret, white cardigan (op shop bag sale), seamed stockings (op shop), black heels! (op shop).

11 comments:

Lavender said...

I could look at the cover pictures on these old patterns all day.

Good luck with the sewing and the wardrobe revamp. I think that Spring brings the need out in all of us.

*indie_queen* said...

I love all that fabric! and your outfit is very sweet

Skye said...

I think anyone who did a thrift swap with you would be a very lucky woman indeed! I have to admit to feeling very impatient with the weather at the moment - it does make getting dressed a bit more lacklustre than usual.

Lots of lovely competition winning luck!

Missa said...

I know, I think it's really nice too :) I've been having a blast doing thrift swaps lately. Just let me know if you're ever interested in doing one, cuz I'm all about the swap these days and I may even be able to rustle up something toile-tastic for ya!

Good luck with the competition! Your blue dress is awesome!

Missa said...

P.S. We should start a support group for perfectionist heel-phobes ;)

Miss Karen said...

I love the material you've purchased - it all looks so so nice!

Good luck with the competition also, and I think you look particularly lovely - the dress is really cute :D

fashion herald said...

i love what you made; the pleats look perfect!

jayne said...

love your dress, great shape!

The Clothes Horse said...

Oh, I like your outfits, but it does sometimes get difficult to continue doing. Part of the reason I changed my outfit posts to every other day on my blog--it was never supposed to be a "look at my outfits" blog and I'm still not certain how it turned into that...
It is amazing how people meet through the Internet (and not a dating site!) to form very real friendships. It's nice to feel the world is big, but we have a way of still reaching each other...makes me wish I spoke dozens of languages really.

Y said...

I'm jealous.. I can't even sew a button!! :(

MWah.fashion said...

great job making that! i love it. do u want to link?