My latest inspiration is the ever prepared Nancy Drew/mystery sleuthing books. From the awesome book illustrations to the incredible pieces in the recent Nancy Drew movie, I'm completely in love.
Etsy Picks -
Things to be learnt from Nancy/cool female sleuths:
- Following leads doesn't require you to dress boring (same applies for work situations and being active in general).
- Peter pan collars are the only type of collar.
- Matchy-matchy need not necessarily be boring or predictable.
- Colour is probably your greatest friend.
- On that note, don't always go for expected colour combinations - the picture of the game above really hit this home for me. I would've never thought of combining teal and maroon/claret but this looks amazing!
- Magnifying glasses make cool accessories.
- Trench coats are rad.
Etsy Picks -
This awesome magnifying glass is the perfect sleuthing accessory. And given my fear of gold tones, the silver frame suits me perfectly! Magnifying glass from Aliveglass.
What mystery solver would get anywhere without some sort of plaid apparel. This vintage plaid skirt is a great colour (wouldn't show dirt while on tricky fact finding missions) and it has the coolest hip flaps. Vintage plaid skirt - Citygirl101
And it's the weekend again, these things come around so quickly!