Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Person Is Never More Truthful Than When They Acknowledge Themselves As A Liar

So I'm a liar, or a fibber, because this isn't a matter of life, death, love or friendship. The situation only effects me and to be completely honest, I'm just as surprised that this happened as anyone. Now, after my previous post where I shouted my love of silver to the rooftops and made clear my 'hatred' of gold tones, I found this little gem in an op shop and while it's sad to admit it, I really like it.

I think it's funny though that I didn't dip my toe in the golden pool with a small accessory but instead jumped in with this absolutely ridiculous poofy number. True to form is all I can say.

I wore it out on Saturday night but it was really hard to capture the metallicy detail with a flash so I recreated it again today. I felt a little bit lame. I was also trying really hard to smile (regarding those people who feel that I sometimes look too melancholy in my photos) but I had just had an allergy attack. So, not so hot.

WR 21.09.08 - Gold Checks

White shirt (underneath) - Target, music notes bow - thrift, silly gold dress - thrift, white socks - ?, black shoes - Novo

I'm not saying that I've completely changed my tune but maybe I should relax my rules a little bit, I mean with the rest of my experiments so far it hasn't turned out too bad. I'm still thinking about writing off neatness as a lost cause but I'm trying to actually find a pair of capri pants so I can finish off my list.

11 comments:

stacyinsaddleshoes said...

you look adorable in the .I love your white socks and black shoes.It is nice to know I am not the only one that likes wearing little white socks.

Skye said...

That's a great dress - it's very cute on you too! I am biased towards loving anything shiny and gold though...

Blogette said...

Haha you're a convert!
The gold pouffy-ness is spectacular!
Love the socks!!

Lavender said...

great dress. The skirt looks like it would rustle and be nice and noisy which I rate highly.

*indie_queen* said...

Cute dress, and I love the socks with the shoes! May I ask, what is an Op Shop?! I keep reading it in blogs and I can't tell if it's a brand or what?!

Lady Melbourne said...

Cute dress, I think you make the look your own with the socks and shoes.
Adorable!
LM
x

esme and the lane way said...

Lovely, especially the ankle socks and shoes. Isn't it funny how our tastes can just suddenly change? And you are looking good for post-allergy fun; I look like a boufy moon-face! :)

Lady Smaggle said...

I totally agree. I've never been much of a gold girl. That skirt was worth breaking your streak for though.

The Collector said...

Nice find! I like the fullness in the skirt.

Annie said...

It's really cute! I love how it's metallic..

stacyinsaddleshoes said...

I hope to see more of those cute white socks with your great outfits.