Monday, September 22, 2008

A Scout Smiles and Whistles Under All Circumstances

Just a quick one... because I'm always, always running late.

I know that the weather is getting warmer, so I'm sans tights again (it's actually kinda liberating once I got used to it) but I can't get used to wearing some sort of hosiery so it's socks again.

I kinda look like a metallic Boy Scout.


WR 22.09.08 - Red Jacket

Shorts - thrift, velvet jacket - altered and beaded by me, silver shirt - thrift, socks - Target, shoes - Novo, bag - thrift.


WR 22.09.08 - Red Jacket

The first and last on both sides are beaded and then I got bored and I found these thrifted earrings and attached them for the middle ones. I will do them properly one day (hopefully).

My dress from etsy also arrived today (and I'm in love!) and I'll talk about it when I'm not already 45 minutes late. What is with people and short notices?

19 comments:

Skye said...

Beading does take an awful lot of patience - it does look lovely though!

Emily said...

Gorgeous jacket! I adore red velvet. That beading must have taken some patience...

Blogette said...

Absolutely gorgeous jacket! Beading is great!!
Love the socks and metals again!!

Amber said...

The jacket is lovely and I love the big beads!

Thumbelina said...

This is such a beautiful outfit! Really I am in awe. The detailing on that jacket is just---breathtaking! Oh and I left you an award on my blog dear, for being oh so very inspirational!
Ciao ciao <3
Marisa

jayne said...

that sweater is beyond fab!

Lady Melbourne said...

Oh my god, you should sell it, it's gorgeous!!!
I love to see other stylish gals out there altering their clothes to make them individual, this is a triumph!
LM
x

thevintageyear said...

Absolutey gorgeous jacket xox

Alex said...

oh wow i love that jacket!

christine said...

ah that's a great outfit. i just have to mention that you have great taste in children's books...i have the greatest memories of reading each peach pear plum and ALL the nancy drew books at my nana's house.

Hayley Lau said...

Hello I just stumbled across your blog and I heart this outfit. I'm not usually a sparkley fan but you made it work. Loving the deep red.

Also! I've linked you from my blog: http://heidiandseek.blogspot.com

See you around!

Milla said...

what a loverly velvet jacket, you're so darling.

Lil Midget said...

Great outfit! The jacket/cardigan goes amazingly well with the top!

A dreamer said...

wow, i LOVe this outfit! the jacket and brooches are just divine.

Christy said...

This is just awesome! I love the velvet and the sparkly and the shorts and the t-strap shoes! This is a combination I wouldn't have thought of on my own, but I really love it and wish I'd thought of it myself. :-)

Moi said...

Great looking outfit!! Love the jacket.

Gem said...

i want your shoes!!! i've been searching EVERYWHERE for t-bar flats, to no avail :(

VANESSA DATORRE and LEIRE URZAIZ said...

Love this red jacket!! is wonderfull!!! Nice blog!!

Nothing Elegant said...

This velvet jacket is spectacular! I'm very jealous!