Friday, September 19, 2008

Tom Thumb Won't Do, So Out Goes Betty Blue


Each Peach, Pear, Plum was one of my favourite books as a child (hence the title of the last post) but it was more because of the illustrations than the story. I could only find a picture of the cover but I used to sit for hours and hours looking at the pictures. I love the colour palette and the general busy-ness.
I was again looking at pictures of Rachel Comey's collection and they inspired my outfit today. As much as I cherish my 'casual' Fridays, I practically live for my RDO's. The thought that I can a) wear whatever I want and go op shopping for the entire day (because it's a week day) makes me incredibly happy. In fact, I often spend the whole two weeks preceding planning what I'm going to do on this almost sacred day.

WR 19.09.08 - Each Peach, Pear, Plum

Wearing - Plum shirt (straps) - some boutique, peach scarf (bow) - thrift, pear scarf (body) - thrift, shorts - thrift, sockettes - thrift, blue shoes - Kmart

Each Peach, Pear, Plum Detail

Details, details. Sadly, the colours didn't come across as well as I had like. But that's okay...

So I'm off to go op shopping for the rest of the day and hopefully I'll get around to sharing my purchases tomorrow.

20 comments:

Lady Smaggle said...

Wow. You look so awesome. I love the way you have just thrown eveything together but it looks so planned out. Gorgeous!

A dreamer said...

you made a top out of scarves! well done on that! i love the ballooning shorts and goodonya for going bare legged.

Annie said...

You made that? It's gorgeous!!

Skye said...

Did you just wrap the scarves around and tie them, or is it sewn together?

I really like those shorts, I tried some on in the oppy here the other day with a similar cut, I love them but they were chunky red and white stripes and looked like clown pants unfortunately.

StrikeMatch said...

Thanks you guys are all so nice! Pity the people at the op shop weren't as appreciative as you!

Skye - Yeah, I just tied them there. They actually did a pretty good job of staying up. Surprising, really.

esme and the lane way said...

Lovely! Those shorts are great.

Mo said...

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that book. twas my fave as a kid. i loved finding all the characters in the pictures.
ps - you look freaking cute. i want your socketts.

Blogette said...

Such a cute outfit!

erika. said...

you always look so melancholy in your pictures, smile or something ^.^

Heidi at MilkChildren said...

This is amazing! the make of tops out ofo scarfs, you pulled it off wonderfully! love your shorts too xo.

Keshe said...

wow this outfit is great - it could have looked really clashy but somehow you made it work!

Lavender said...

I LOVE the top made out of scarves, you look perfect. I too know the joy of the rostered week day off. It is truly magical.

Laura M. said...

Hey, nice blog you have here, great interesting posts.

I would like to propose you something concerning your blog, if you could just send me a short email at contact @ jezzabelle.com so I know your email address,

it would be great.

I look forward to hear from you soon, thanks!

niki said...

shit, those shorts are AMAZING. they look perfect. I cant believe you thrifted them. great find!

fashion herald said...

this is really inventive and pretty! and i love the shoes w/the socks!

Shay said...

love it! Adorable and whimsical.

The Clothes Horse said...

This outfit is fantastic--really original and interesting. I haven't heard of that book (or if I have I have forgotten...).
P.S. Are you wearing only sockettes? I don't seem to see nylons...

trishhunterfinds said...

I love the layering thrown together look that you've done!
"I love the way you have just thrown eveything together but it looks so planned out." - Exactly what I want to say!

Angry Face said...

Each Peach Pear Plum was my favourite book as a kid too. I remember being able to recite the whole thing...I think I still can actually :)

Meg Rayner said...

One of my favourite books of all time.
That and heggedy peg (or something) about a witch that turned seven children into seven different meals and their mother had to pick which meal was which child or else the witch would eat them...
Random.
Love your blog. I just moved out of home and I miss my mum's sewing machine =(