Thursday, September 25, 2008

We Fight, Get Beat, Fight And Rise Again

Woah...

My new dress is everything I had hoped it to be and more. From the weighty cotton to the delightful handstiching at the hem, it's twirling and amazing. Please, please, please visit Sweet Sugar Boutique on etsy, Jen is a lovely seller.

My next purchase (I've made it so I can only buy one thing at a time, when one arrives I can get the next one) is this perfect brooch.
Little Bundle of Violets at ohmymilky

I was struggling to choose between it and this other piece but in the end went with purple over brown. That being said Liebemarlene's brown gingham shirt inspired me to buy a skirt in a similar brown print (damn you internet inspiration!).

Finally, posting may get a bit sparse for the next few weeks while I begin the process of drafting and sewing my competition dress. Pleating is not fun especially when you are making things up as you go along!

15 comments:

Miss Karen said...

Your new dress is so beautiful! I can't wait to see you in it :D The brooch is absolutely cute also!

Good luck with your competition dress!

Lavender said...

Good luck with the sewing. I'm all intrigued.

Skye said...

You are going to look adorable in that dress! Is that violet brooch made out of Fimo? Have you ever made things out of that stuff - I'm kind of nostalgic about it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished competition dress in it's all-conquering glory!

Blogette said...

Gorgeous dress.
That brooch is amazing! Good luck with your dress!! Can't wait to see it!

Ali said...

very cute! I've always had the same 'one-internet-purchase-at-a-time' rule but I have been REALLY bad lately... I'm waiting on two dresses, a ring and some perfume... oops

kirstie said...

i have some kind of sick obsession with brooches. i can't stop buying them, and i don't even wear them that often. good luck with your dress!

Amber said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment! And that new dress is AMAZING! I can't wait to see it on you! You have an amazing body for any type of clothing.

jayne said...

oh i love it, very 50s!

Sophie said...

Yeah, I guess not that many women wear hats anymore so if you do, you automatically stand out. Still, I'm determined!

Adorable dress!

Lady Smaggle said...

It's gorgeous! I can't wait to see you dress it up!

Lady Melbourne said...

Oh man its divine!
LM
x

esme and the lane way said...

That dress looks amazing! Good luck with the sewing, pleating sounds incredibly technical, but it soudns fantastic.

Please can you give me your email address? I have a mail for you! :)

*indie_queen* said...

I love that dress so much! I could spend hours on etsy.
Good luck with the dress, and thanks for letting me know what an op shop is! You learn something new everyday!

Rachael said...

Fabulous new frock! Like, really fabulous! (I think the one that I got from you will make an appearance on the blog tonight).

Missa said...

That dress is an absolute gem! So so adorable :D

Happy pleating, hope all goes well!