Wednesday, October 01, 2008

So Short A Time

It's funny when things come to your attention that you never really noticed before and all of a sudden they are everywhere. Like the fact that Jakarta is sinking (I never knew it before last weekend but since then I've watched a documentary, read a book which referred to it and had a random drunken conversation about it). Also the renewed hotness of Joshua Jackson, I was always into Pacey (but I was about 11/12) but now I fully appreciate how cute he is.

Regarding clothing, the two new items which have caught my eye are knitted shorts, thanks to The Clothes Horse and lacey stocking ala Pandora/Lavender and Yolk. Amen for style bloggers.

I have already procured some lacey stockings (thank you Target) and will now begin to knit myself a pair of shorts... Or take a short cut through the green fields of eBay/etsy. I certainly do love the internet.

15 comments:

The Clothes Horse said...

Knitted shorts are so darling.
I really love reading other blogs because then I feel as if I am in the "know."

Lil Midget said...

I love the shorts + tights look :)
Good luck with the shorts knitting..The only items I've attempted are scarves and armsocks :P

thevintageyear said...

Target is great for lacey stockings, my mum bought me 2 pairs several years ago, that have been worn to death! I hope you get just as much wear out of yours!

Also I tagged you on my last blog post.

stephanie said...

love those lace tights

jayne said...

oo amazing!

The Mayfly said...

I just found your blog, I like it!
Those knitted shorts are so cute, I fear I may need to find some myself. As Midget said, the only thing I've ever knitted is a scarf!

Skye said...

Have you seen Queen Michelle's lacey topshop leggings over on Kingdom of Style? Those are intense.

How cute are the knitted shorts, adorable!

esme and the lane way said...

Yay for lacy stockings! I only have ne pair at the moment (pinky red leona edminston ones from a few years ago ) and want some more, so thanks for the news that Target does some!

Oh, wouldn't it be nice to have access to Topshop and H&M?!

Miss Karen said...

I love lacy stockings although with my past history of looking horrible in patterened tights, I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull it off. These girls looks awesome!

Lavender said...

Heyyy, thanks for the shout out. I liked wearing these so much the other day that I've ordered a pale yellow pair online. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Missa said...

I LOVE that last outfit so much! I also loved your "short cut" pun :D

Golden Calf said...

Ohh, lace tights! Perfect for transitioning into fall! Whether you diy it or buy them, knitted shorts are pretty damn cool.

Annie said...

Knitted shorts? That's awesome..

saray said...

love lace tights..

the Yellow Elephant said...

lace is fanastic! I love wearing clothes with laces, and I AM getting a pair of stockings.