Monday, January 12, 2009

Next Years Words Await Another Voice

A veryveryvery belated New Year's post. I spent forever and ever making this dress only to take absolutely horrible photos of it. Which sucks. An explanation though. These photos were taken after I'd been swimming (in the dress, don't get me drunk) and then walked home. So it's a tiny bit shrunken. Which makes me look like I'm all legs. Again.


NewYears 09

New Years 09

NewYears 09 Collar Detail

Overall though, my New Year's was great. Friends, scandals, swimming. Perfect.

Also I went op shopping and have broken my four month op shopping curse and found a very lovely skirt. Which I will show you. But I don't want to talk about my curse too much because I'm scared that I'll jinx it. So no more will be said about that.

19 comments:

Lavender said...

Cute dress (even wet). I wish I could claim to be all leg.

Sarah said...

Beautiful dress, did you make it from scratch? You're very talented! And I say, if you have the legs then flaunt them!

DaisyChain said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, I really love your dress
(I'd love to go swimming drunk, weather here doesn't allow for such fun!)

Hazel Green said...

Your dress looks so lovely on you! x

Skye said...

Nothing wrong with being all legs! Well, unless you are literally all legs, with no torso, head, arms or whatnot...

Ali-bell said...

that dress looks great! and it totally matches your blog background too, coinkydink?

esme and the lane way said...

Lovely dress!
It sounds like a good NYE indeed..!

Ooh, my word thingy is 'messe' – spooky, hmm?! :D

Parapluie said...

What a beatiful dress! Even after swimming in it, it looks good :)

Jasmina said...

love the dress <3<3 so cute outfit

The Clothes Horse said...

That dress looks really awesome. I like the little row of buttons. Your New Years sounds fantastic. I wish it was warm enough to swimming here and in a dress!

thevintageyear said...

Oh my, I am in AWE of your sewing skills. I think I pretty much love this dress - the collar, the buttons and the short flippyness of it. Did you make it from a pattern or draft it yourself?

jess said...

The dress is adorable. I love the buttons and the bow.

brooke said...

thanks for your omment!!

beautiful dress, love it even wet. and really, i wouldnt worry about being all legs :) - its a blessing!

<3brooke

Miss Karen said...

That is a really gorgeous dress, the fabric is so beautiful!

And hey, I'd love to be all legs!

ana b. said...

egads I will never ever get the opportunity in my life to say that i look all legs due to my 5 foot 1 stature. This dress looks so good on you!

Blogette said...

Gorgeous gorgeous dress!!
And cute shoes!
I've tagged you!

Missa said...

Sounds like fun fun fun!

I love the dress, especially the layered collar detail and the buttons!

P.S. I think your package is going to be ready for you very soon :)

Annie said...

I like these photos! You look amazing and the dress is gorgeous!

alexandra said...

love this dress! xx