Sunday, January 11, 2009

A-Tisket, A Tasket, A Green and Yellow Basket

I hope that everyone's weekend has been going well. In between lolling on my mattress and eating delicious, delicious Pringles, I've been looking for more things to put in the store and thinking about how great life will be when my two latest purchases arrive. For once, they aren't items of clothing.

For my birthday, I wanted two things: this book and the Buffy Monster box set.

Last night, it was my friend's 20th/24th respectively and I had a marvellous time, eating Mars Bar cheesecake and sitting in the rain (it wasn't actually raining, raining, just lightly spitting). Speaking of which, spitting is such a weird descriptive for light rain. This is what I wore.


Birthday Party Squared

Birthday Party Squared

Blouse - thrift/altered, skirt - thrift, collar - selfmade & shoes - Shoobiz. Also RIP Shoobiz I was pretty cut when I heard on the news that they are closing all their stores. Please someone tell me that I misheard or that it was all a horrible, horrible dream.

Birthday Party Squared

9 comments:

esme and the lane way said...

I love it – and the collar looks great!

Song of Style said...

love that blouse!
ur legs are so skinny! haha

Lavender said...

Sadly it is true. There was a massive queue out the door of the Brisbane store last week as people fought over the spoils of the defeated.

A dreamer said...

i love your blouse...and shoes!
wat? it's shutting down. i've missed out on so much aussie news.

Amber said...

They can't close! I want those flats that you have on! The double strap is quite fantastic.

Hayley Bash said...

i know it's pretty sad about shoobiz! They're not shutting ALL stores from what I read, but i'm guessing most! was 50% off everything at the Knox City store, but not a thing in size 8, sigh!

Shay said...

cute cute! Glad you're back. :)

Missa said...

A) This outfit is adorable and I think the addition of the collar really ties it all together beautifully.

B) I love that you appear to be posing for outfit photos on your kitchen counter, way to think outside the box ;)

C) Those shoes are WAY cute, what a bummer the store it closing :(

Rachael said...

I love the collar, the whole outfit is cute!

I got the Buffy box set for Christmas, so snaps to us!