Friday, February 27, 2009

Novelty Has Charms That Our Minds Can Hardly Withstand

Lauren = sucker for ridiculous prints. Perhaps you've noticed that the pieces I love most are fairly outlandish, novelty prints. The best way I've discovered to track down these pieces is to type words like "kitsch" and "novelty" into the ever generous etsy search engine. I've found a few awesome pieces typing in the word "crazy" too.

Here are some pieces that I'm obsessing over at the moment.




50s Catalina Jacquard Cardigan by TheGreenWallpaper



PALM TREES Navy Cotton Vintage 50s Skirt, XS from Empress Jade


I think the reason I love these pieces so much is because they have such personality. That being said, they can be ridiculously memorable. I'm not sure I'd mind though.


Hopefully, in the next few days I'll post again about the fantastic package I'm going to receive from Missa, the queen of thrift swaps. I'm so, so, so excited.




10 comments:

Amanda said...

I think I like the skirt most - I can see it being altered slightly to become a strapless summer dress, rather than a skirt. :)

DaisyChain said...

I love love love the skirt

ana b. said...

I agree! I love prints so much. The bottom skirt is fabulous. Landscapes on clothing always make me laugh! That's a good thing.

jayne said...

the skirt and sweater prints are so whimsically amazing!

Milla said...

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, my whole closet is filled with prints that just don't go together. sigh

Missa said...

This is part of what makes you fun to shop for! Well, that and the fact that we are exactly the same size ;)

You'll be happy to hear that there are a couple of items in your swap package that I would definitely classify as having "personality" Hope you like them!

trishhunterfinds said...

Oh I share your passion for the prints.
All things novelty just make my day!!
It really makes you happy to see such novel items. Oh well it happifies me.

The bottom skirt is by far my favorite! WOW!!

Lavender said...

I love it. The best finds are the ones that make you giggle on the inside aren't they?

The Clothes Horse said...

Those are some wild prints. I've found some great pieces like equestrian and badminton ones before...

Miss Lady Finger said...

LOVE that palm tree skirt! xxx