Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Time Is A Circus, Always Packing Up and Moving Away

I'm in love with things that have charm. I don't care if they are careworn/falling to bits. Like this jacket. It's missing so many bits here and there, a touch of braid, a few buttons.

Red Jacket


But when I put it on, I feel like a princess.... or a lion tamer.

WR 10.02.09 - Circus?

WR 10.02.09 - Circus?

Also probably not the best pictures of my fringe. The fan was going so fast and it sort of blew everything away. I'm getting used to the fringe but I have to get up five minutes earlier to straighten it. Oh well!

The circus was the first part of title, the packing up and moving away is the next. I just recently moved out of home and it seems that soon I'll be moving away from this town. It's sort of bittersweet, I've always wanted to leave but not really. Does anyone have any advice that will stop me from being so incredibly scared of the months ahead?

15 comments:

Lavender said...

That jacket is too perfect. So marching band. (I like the bangs too.)

jayne said...

omg that jacket is beyond amazing, you wear it so well too! im jealous!

Brook said...

This jacket is incredible!!! Where did you get it? How old is it? I'm jealous too!

DaisyChain said...

wow, the jacket looks like it was MADE for you.

alexandra said...

oh my goodness! I love this jacket. You wear it very well! I have one that is a similar idea but no where as cool as this ; ) xoxoxo

thevintageyear said...

That jacket is amazing and suits you so well.. I doubt there is anyone else who could pull it off like you do!

Moving out and away is always scary but I guess what helped me in my many moves was to treat myself to little things to make me excited about my new place. Like beautiful artwork, a vintage bedspread, or amazing tea pots from op shops etc... It sort of takes the focus away from what you are leaving behind. Not sure if that's any help.. but good luck! x

Missa said...

That jacket is indeed so perfect on you... cutest little lion tamer EVER. I love how the scarf brings it all together too.

Yay, I'm so excited about my package! I'm planning to send yours off tomorrow :)

Te said...

I think Britney Spears has ruined the cirus for me. Well, I thought that, until I saw your jacket! :O It's perfection.

REread said...

have you seen the film 'all my friends are leaving Brisbane'??

The Clothes Horse said...

I am super in love with this outfit! It's so quirky, but also chic. I want to come rob your closet.

milk said...

That jacket it so perfect! I too would feel like a princess!

[Tara] said...

I love this jacket -- just gorgeous on you!

bohobum said...

I'm so in love with that coat-it's ridiculous. I've been searching for the perfect military jacket and I think you've found it. gah! love it

Tereza Š. said...

this jacket and shoes!wow!

katiecrackernuts said...

BEST jacket I have seen online for ever. Honest. Never part with it.